Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fwd: HELLO, I LOVE YOU!




Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Cassidy C."
Date: August 30, 2009
Subject: HELLO, I LOVE YOU!

Hi, everyone!
I have arrived at my host family's house safely. This is just an email to let you know that I am here and how to reach me. Here is my address and phone number:

..
Dokki, Giza, Egypt

...

I don't know how to make international calls from the USA so you will have to figure it out. Call my cell phone any time day or night!!!!!!!!
Today I am feeling a little sick because I drank some of the tap water so I am probably going to stay at home for most of the day. At 6:30, Marina is taking me to dinner with her friends. They are Muslim and are breaking their Ramadan fast at that time. Ramadan in Egypt is amazing! Apparently 60% of Egypt's total consumed food is eaten during Ramadan. It is kind of like the days are backwards. They eat during the night and take naps during the day. Last night when I arrived here, Marina's friends came over to greet me. They told me that they volunteer at an orphanage every day and now I am going to join them! I shouldn't be on the computer very much because I should be spending time with my family so I will go now. I do feel very homesick sometimes and the only way I can fall asleep is by telling myself that I can go home whenever I want. I miss you all so much but I am having a great time! Oh, last night Shereen ordered chicken shawarma for me because she knew it was my favorite food. I felt really sick and so so so tired but I tried to eat it and smile but then I almost gagged on it and I had to tell her that I felt sick from the water and I needed to go to bed. I apologized for a really long time but both Shereen and Marina were like, "This is your home! You must feel comfortable to tell us how you feel!" This morning I was woken up by the Muslim call to prayer. I have pictures to show you, also, but that will have to wait.
I love you all so much!!!!
Love,
Cassidy

No comments: