Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Back Home Again

Hi there... it's taken me a strange long while to get back to my blog! I guess I have a lot to say, but no idea how to say it!

We got dad settled into a nursing home on my last day in Seattle. It was a long, difficult day for me personally, but I had my oldest and dearest friend katie at my side every moment of the day, and she was so wonderful and good to all of us. When I tell the story of having gone home last week, I say that it was difficult and beautiful. Painful moments here and there, but also really beautiful and full of opportunities to grow and be human. And to see my family as we all live through this and care for dad, to see everyone's essential nature still firmly in place, my daddy included!, was just what I needed. I love everyone in my family so much.

I think I've hit upon why I've been hesitant to update my blog! I have a lot of gratitude to be sharing, with specific people in my life who are so fantastic and supportive and love me so much that they would do what they have done these last several weeks so that I could go back home for a week to be with my family during this time in our lives. It feels a bit like writing an oscar speech or something. I feel this intense need to call out names in a trembling voice while clutching a sweaty slip of paper that's covered in names while the band tries to play me off.

although in this case, it's a poopy diaper that needs changing. anyways. you know who you are, and I love you for it. Watch your mailboxes!

No comments: