Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I will now write about ...

... not knowing what to write about.

Or having much to write about, I find it hard to finally sit down and hammer it out. But for you dear reader? I will make the effort.

First of all, a big fat Happy Birthday to my niece Cassidy on this, her 16th birthday! Can you believe it?!?!?! Cassidy is 16. WOW. It was really great to have her and her BFF Woolie (aka Woolio) stay at our house all last week. I say that without irony. It really was great. Happy Birthday!

Second of all, Katie and Carl and Kurt and Natalie were here over the weekend! What fun we had. When I get off my lazy butt I will post some of the pictures. I didn't get much, was too busy having fun.

We had a great party here over the weekend. I did a little blending with the guest list and had a handful of good friends from work join in with the usual suspects plus out of towners and two teenagers. The weather was perfect and we had most of the party out on the deck.

I sure do love Katie and her family. It was so great to share my every day sort of life with her. For the past several years, the only time we see each other is when I've been visiting out in Seattle. So Katie had never actually been to my house before - just my folks and my sisters! And to finally get to know Carl and spend time with Kurt and Natalie (whom I think had as much fun this weekend as the rest of us!)

I must interject here to warn all my loyal readers who happened to have small children in the house over the weekend: I'm thinking maybe Henry has that coxsackie virus??? We have most of the symptoms, but none of the actual medical advice. Will be bringing Henry to the vet, I mean doctor (lol) tomorrow I predict! Sorry in advance!

Speaking of animals being brought to the vet, Jim is coming right along! Now that the drive to bump and grind against any surface has been removed from his body, he is adopting more pleasant behaviors. The last couple nights he has been coming and going as he pleases in the night, and he always retires to his crate when he wants to get some sleep. In the morning he comes up on the bed for cuddles and hanging out. This morning I woke to see him on his back, crashed out between us. Was sweet. He still isn't the kind of dog who gives a big happy sigh as he settles in nice and heavy against your side, and he could wag his tail more often without getting yelled at for it. But we're getting there! These things take time.

What else is going on... school starts very soon! Henry starts 3rd grade on Wednesday, August 27. Maggie has one more year of preschool, then she goes into kindergarten next year, oh my! Yesterday I played a little mind game on her, fed her a bit of her own medicine, whining about wanting to hang out and cuddle with her. Her eyebrows shot up and she smiled, "Mom... I'm trying to watch my show!" she sang. "I'm right here with you. Here. I'll do this." And she put her little hand on my arm and went back to her show. cute.

Holy smokes did you see the Opening Ceremonies? OMG omg omg. Where can I get some video of that? Why didn't I 'keep until I delete' it on my tivo? Please hold. I will now search for links.

1 comment:

MattyMattMatt said...

Regarding writing about something when you have nothing to write about: Welcome to my world, Doll face.