Sunday, July 29, 2007

Crafty! Powerbook Sleeve





I picked up a sewing machine a few weeks ago at a yard sale and have been cranking away ever since!

This is a sleeve I made for my Jeff's powerbook. I found the Krusty the Clown T Shirt at a thrift shop and fused it to some fleece interfacing. The outside is made with vinyl tablecloth and the inside is just some extra fabric I had laying around. In between the two, two layers of batting!

I'm pretty thrilled with the result, although I may add handles or a strap of some kind. It'd be nice to be able to secure it to your body in some fashion, and would also be a good heads up as two which end is up, so the computer doesn't come sliding to the floor!

The T shirt was going to be for maggie, but it was so big, it woulda taken forever for her to grow into. When she saw that I had repurposed it into something for dad, she was crushed...

No comments: