Monday, September 17, 2007

It's official!

I am a quilter. Yep! I am nearing the end stages of my first ever quilt! it's a beautiful thing. My mom is helping me with it, and I am positive I wouldn't've have made it this far without her. (I am speaking of more than quilts.)It's a full size quilt, all flannel. Gorgeous colors too. I'll post a picture soon!!! It will eventually be Maggie's quilt, but right now I am so thrilled with it I want it all for myself. So let's just say that one day it will be Maggies.

I am having a great time with my mom. She had a cold over the weekend, but is feeling much better now. We are just hanging out, sewing and crafting and eating and watching tv -- all the good stuff! I think she is very tickled with the children. They are very cute with her too. She's got a different sort of style from their other grandmother (hi grammi!) and I had been wondering how they would perceive the differences in style. if they'd think she was a stick in the mud or whatever (no offence mom! hi again grammi!) but what I'm observing is that while she may not be like their grammi, she is an awful lot like their mom. They are very comfortable and happy to have her around. JUST LIKE THE REST OF US!

Jeff had a very quiet weekend, mostly laying very low. He got out a bit yesterday with the kids so that Mom and I could go to a quilt show in Townsend, MA. That was great fun for mom and me. I picked up a new craft - Needle Felting it's called. You take a little ball of un spun wool, roving they call it and place it on a square of backing and then place that over a block of upholstery foam. then you jab the hell out of it with a felting needle, which is a needle that has little barbs on it to gradually attaches the roving to the wool fabric. Here is an example of needle felting that I found online somewhere:



Mom brought me a lot of fabric from her stash pile, so I imagine I will be jumping in to that pretty quick here. I want to finish the quilt I'm on right now first of course. All I have left to do is the actual quilting of the layers together and then put the binding on. I really cranked through it this weekend.

Also I watched HBO's new series "Tell Me You Love Me" and I really liked it. Talk about your spicy meatballs as far as the sex scenes go though, good heavens! But there are other reasons why I liked the show. ;-) Anyway, now that stupid Big Brother is wrapping up I happen to have room in my schedule for better quality television. So I'll keep tuning in.

talk to you later blog!

No comments: