Friday, November 16, 2007

Be You Ess Why

Well would you look at that. Another week has blown past. Jeff got home on Wednesday night and it is good to have him home. No less hectic, however.

I could type out a laundry list of my To-do's for the weekend and another list of What-did for the work week, but let me sum it up for in three words: home, work and family. and PTO. So, four words.

I shall now give you four things to sum up what my week did NOT include: Alone time. A decent cheeseburger. Sitting down before 8 or 9pm. Hanging out with friends (especially Matt, who is as busy as me and whom I am most desiring a hang out and chat with. Besides YOU, dear reader.)And, lastly, my week did NOT include.... drumroll please... anything more than I could handle.

Last week I made up some very cute little lunch bags. I used an apple tote bag from the produce department for a pattern and managed to whip out three bags in the space of a Sunday afternoon! The first one turned out the best in terms of finished quality, but the other two incorporated lessons learned and designs tweaked while making the first one that had me winging it here and there (resulting in a poor quality finished product). Which one might YOU get for Christmas?!

(Insert Sisyphus-ian blurb here about laundry and housework chores awaiting my Saturday and Sunday.)

I believe we are traveling to our family in Maine next week for the Thanksgiving Holiday! It will be terrific to see them again, feels like forever...

Yesterday, where I bought my sandwich, I finally checked out their used book nook and came away with two goodies. Witness to America by everyone's favorite Mans Man historian Stephen Ambrose (R.I.P.) and some other guy, I think he's related to Tom Brokaw. And also a book I'd given as a gift years ago that I have heard was very helpful to her and others she passed it to, Another Country by Mary Phipher, who wrote "Reviving Ophelia" and in this book explores the 'emotional lives of elders' So I guess if you are an elder that matters to me, I will soon be gaining more insight into your emotional life. And you can too!

Alrightie, have a good weekend blog!

No comments: