Wednesday, December 19, 2007

News of Visitors!

Howdy!

Jocelyn and Brooke bought their tickets last night!!! Hooray! They'll be here the last week in January. This news makes me so happy! A dream come true!

In the dreams-crushed department, however, we have a story from Henry's life. He lost another tooth, and was broken hearted at no money from the tooth fairy under his pillow. Even though this is not the first tooth lost in a world where your mother is the tooth fairy for Henry. Last week when a tooth fell out, I confessed that I was the tooth fairy, and let him grab a handful of change from Jeff's spare change jar.

Regardless, this morning's crushing disappointment over the tooth fairy issue was just the ammunition he needed to mount his defense for why he wasn't dressed yet. In fact, further, he would be throwing out all his baby teeth from here on out, dashing my hopes of crafting a baby-tooth necklace for his bride to wear on their wedding day. LOL!

I told him, "Hey. you know what? I can only keep so many dreams afloat at once." There was a silent, pregnant pause where nobody mentioned Santa Claus, and then he got out of bed and got dressed.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Confession - more than once my children have also been disappointed by the Tooth Fairy. I left them notes the next night saying that I (Tooth Fairy, that is) was held up at a hockey game or something like that, and I leave them an extra treat along with their bank to assuage my guilt and purchase their acquiescence.

Anonymous said...

It's a cruel, cruel world when a young boy has his dreams shattered by his own mother. Pray for your damned soul, friend.

Anonymous said...

That tooth fairy story reminded me of the time the tooth fairy screwed up and Steve woke up and said, "The stupid tooth fairy forgot!!" so loud he woke us up...mom

Anonymous said...

make sure you let me know a time I can get together with Jocelyn and yourself!

Anonymous said...

Who's Haupy??? I'm excited to see you if your planning a get together!! Ha Ha!! See you soon! Jocelyn