Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Welcome back Susie!

Oy, where have I been?!!

Okay, here's an update. On Friday we hired our first ever external babysitter! Her name is Jessica and she is terrific. We will definitely be utilizing her services again. Jeff and I were able to go out to dinner with some of my new friends at work, and it was great to be able to introduce him around.

On Saturday night, we had the Flynns and the Fishes over for a little house party. WHAT FUN! Both of those families are right on, and we all had a great time. And my chicken was a hit!

On Sunday, laid low. I began working on a quilt this weekend for a certain somebody, and spent much of the day at my sewing machine. Quite blissful. Also I made good progress on the library book I am reading, entitled "Shattered Dreams" by Irene Spencer. About life in a polygamous marriage. Very interesting. Dian, didn't you read this book also?

Sunday night I got a terrible headache, slept fitfully and then decided to stay home from work on Monday. Nice quiet day, with long naps and further progress on both the quilt and the book.

Monday night, Maggie got a terrible headache, slept fitfully and then decided to stay home from school on Tuesday. I stayed with her. She was sort of okay in the morning, but then began to seep profusely from all head holes (except her ears) and was down for the count until sometime this morning.

And today we have the worst sort of weather. Several inches of snow came overnight, and now it's been raining non stop. Ice cold rain that is puddling up everywhere there isn't snow to block its path. yucko.

So that's it, mostly. You didn't miss much with my short break in posting... Oh and Barack Obama is in it to win it! You better believe it! Yes We Can, Indeed.

No comments: