Friday, March 16, 2007

Block Posters

I came across this great website that lets you upload a photo, and then decide how many pages across you'd like them to blow up the image. Then they make a .pdf file based on that information that is however many pages it takes to print out the image at the larger size! It's very cool. Takes a gallon of ink, as you can imagine it might, but given the right opportunity, it'd be worth it.

Here are a few things I've made so far. The ink supply on my printer is wonky right now, so the actual print quality is not the greatest, but you get the idea... This is a big family photo I made. It's hard to do the trimming and fitting together, also. I made a poster of my friend and the trimming and fitting together went smoothly on that one, so maybe it just takes practice.




This one I like a lot. The picture is very abstract to begin with, so on a larger scale, it looks very cool. It's a picture of my neice Karina in front of one of those exhibits they have at science centers where you can horse around with shadows and light play and soforth.



Then this weekend Lanie and I were playing around with the idea of blowing up an image to a really large size and then printing out just one page of it. We made these of her (wearing her billybob teeth) and nora and phil before I ran out of ink while trying to print cassidy's. I found this cool clear plastic sleeve thingie at ikea and it makes a perfect frame.


Anyways, check it out if you'd like. it's fun and it's free!!

Blockposters.com

No comments: