Monday, December 01, 2008

While Henry does Homework...

I will write in my blog.

I am thinking of going to see a movie tonight, "Rachel Getting Married." I have heard good things about this movie, and I believe I will enjoy it. Plus-which, it plays at my local theater.

Yesterday I Skyped with family! What fun, what fun. So cool to look into eyes and participate in the easy flow of conversation between a few people who are able to laugh and slap knees and interject. Very much fun, yes!

Henry is struggling. He just announced that he has 16 more math problems. The next problem he has is 84 - 59. This worksheet focuses on borrowing from the tens column. He is really dragging. Poor guy! "Four more pages to go!" Just gave him the pep talk about eating a whale one bite at a time. He's a good guy, he'll get it done.

Maggie, on the other hand, is probably sick with the strep that Henry had last week! And I wonder if I, too, might not be heading down the sick road. I believe that I will be staying home with Maggie tomorrow, sorry to say.

We all had a fine time in Maine for Thanksgiving, how was your holiday? Can you believe it is Christmas time already? And soon will be 1.20.09! I heard part of a story on NPR this morning about the folks who organize the inauguration in D.C. and how it will probably (certainly) be a record breaking attendance. I mean, who wouldn't want to watch him take the oath? I would go if I could.

Oh, son. I'm going to take a quick video and show you just what I'm seeing here...


And now I must leave. Goodnight Blog!

2 comments:

Jocelyn in Germany said...

Too funny!!! Oh the memorie of homework!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, Henry....Brings back memories. I fondly remember those days of doing my homework. Wasn't "fond" at the time, but, now....
Keep it up......Papa