Monday, January 05, 2009

His name is Charlie.



What a sweet little peanut this guy is! Right now he's cuddled up next me, his cool little nose huffing against the back of my hand. Can't quite get close enough. Love it!

Charlie appears to be about 6 years old, although our vet will be checking him out next week. I'll be interested to hear what she says. There's no real background story to him, he's a true shelter dog. I tell myself he was some old lady's lap dog and when she passed, her next of kin took him to a shelter on their way to work.

The lady who fostered him was right on the money in her description. Very cuddly, a real love. Loves kids and other dogs, but also very slow to warm. Luckily I'm the one he loves the most!

He and Jim are going to get along fine. Jim is like a gorgeous thoroughbred of a dog just under a year old. He's very playful and curious and interested in playing with Charlie. But he seems to get that Charlie isn't interested yet. I think they'll do fine together.

Witness this very boring video. You can see that Jim is friendly and not aggressive and very open to sharing what he's got with Charlie:





Cute, right? Welcome, Charlie.

1 comment:

Katie said...

How sweet, indeed! Does your home feel complete now, with two little white dogs back in place? I was amused by Charlie's reaction to the squeaky toy. Has he played with that yet?