Thursday, May 03, 2007

Chucky Sue Returns!

We are expecting our third child! A total surprise. But we are pretty thrilled. The more the merrier, right? Maggie wants a baby sister and Henry wants a baby brother. Of course. We will take either, but we're not going to find out until the baby is born (around Christmas). We had definitely been heading towards a future that had only two kids in it, even contemplating my going back to work or Jeff going back to school, etc. All those things you can start to think about when your youngest is no longer a baby. But it would appear that there is one more little person coming to join our family, and so we'll count our blessings and get on with it.

I had been seriously contemplating going back to work full time, and had even made contact with a great company and had two terrific interviews with them. I found out I was pregnant in between the two interviews. D'oh! It's taken me until very recently to work through the crossroads I found myself at as a result of these two events. I was all over the map about it, imagining a future where I worked full time (for the first time since becoming a parent) and we had the two kids in a very well respected day care center here in town, and the whole family smoothly shifting from a homemaker based operation to both of us working and bringing home the bacon. Then I took the test (or, as Jeff put it, "Susie failed her pregnancy test.") and found myself facing a much more complicated, much more exhausting future if I tried to wedge a pregnancy and the uncertainty of returning from materinity into the mix. And I thought to myself, "blech."

Also I got to thinking about a day care solution for the summertime for the kids. And how Lanie and I have both been looking forward to getting the kids together a lot this summer and how all that would have to go on a shelf. To say nothing of my goal of returning to Seattle with the kids again this summer. And I thought about being pregnant and how nice it is to be able to close my eyes for a bit here and there when I need it, how at home I won't always have to power through the day (making myself more exhausted), burning the candles at both ends. so basically I realized that the job I really wanted was the one I was about to walk away from! The pay is crap, but you can't beat the perks, you know?

Anyway, that's the update. All this stuff was unfolding and I wasn't sure which way it was gonna go, that's why I haven't updated more regularly. I needed to get my story straightened out.

More later!

No comments: