Thursday, May 24, 2007

Houses and Art

I was just vacuuming in my dad's room and he asked me, "Whose house is this?"

"Jocelyn's house" I answered.

"No..." he said with a small smile.

"For real!" I said. "Jocelyn owns this house!"

He looked around and then indicated the two paintings of his dogs that my friend Nicole painted for him. "Oh. When I saw those pictures of my dogs, I knew I was home, but I knew this wasn't my home."

"Well this is your room in Jocelyn's home." I said confidently, and that seemed to please him. "My girlfriend Nicole painted these for you, do you remember that?"

"Yep... Those pictures have followed me all around where ever I've been it seems. Every place I go, those pictures are with me. From the hospital to the jail to here!"

"Isn't that wonderful?" I said. "Did you know that Nicole is pregnant? She and Matt are expecting their first baby real soon."

"THAT'S wonderful." Dad said confidently.

No comments: