Sunday, May 13, 2007

Yard Sale Finds 2007

Check it out. We found it this Saturday at a yard sale, covered in grime and dust. With a broken lightbulb thingie. I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and soapy water and Jeff rewired it and hung it in the porch for me. We put in a bulb and turned it on. Nothing. After a few seconds, Jeff shouted enthusiastically, "Happy Anniversary!" - my gift apparently, being a non working lamp. It was very funny.

Turned out it was a bum bulb, because check it out!!! Isn't it beautiful? Sigh. Makes me so happy to have it. I have been wanting something like this for just this spot in the porch and now I have it. With no compromises required. I love the bamboo design, how nicely it complements the trees beyond. Love it love love it.








And the price? just five dollars!

No comments: