Friday, June 27, 2008

Apple Car and Limousine Service

I am so tired right now. Went to New York yesterday for a very short business trip (my first!) and didn't get home until late last night. But it was a fine trip, went very well.

I flew in to Laguardia with instructions to take a taxi in to the city and meet a co-worker at her hotel. I'm walking over to the line where the yellow taxis are lined up and a guy says, "you need a taxi?" I answered truthfully ("Yes.") and he ushered me over to his black car - you know, the kind of black sedan you think of when you think of "car service" It felt legit.

This guy, his name is Derick. Made a big show out of telling me that the yellow taxis will make you pay by the meter, whereas the company he works for ("Apple Car and Limousine Service" his business card read, along with the phone number for his cell phone. And, in the interest of trying to screw him like he screwed me, I'm going to give you that phone number. 917-681-4682.) charges a flat fee.

So whatever, I agree to the ride and we get in the car. Then Derrick proceeds to talk trash about how at least in his car, I can enjoy hearing the English language. At least in his car, I'm not fretting over sitting in traffic, watching the meter run. At least in his car, I'm paying a flat fee, etc. Jerkface. He was, literally, feeding the fire of my ignorance, saying whatever he could to reassure me that I'd made the smarter choice by riding in his car.

Did I mention his name is Derrick, and that the phone number on his business card is a direct line to the cell phone he was on nearly the whole time? That phone number happens to be 917-681-4682. Call him up and then either shout "Jerkface!" into the phone, or just maybe hand the phone over to your little kid once you have him on the line and let your kid babble into the phone, tying up his line. You get the idea.

At the end of the ride, I had handed over, I'm almost ashamed to say it, $85.00. Can you believe it?!?! What a fool I was. On the way back to Laguardia I took a yellow taxi, and do you know how much I paid for that ride? $43, including tip and toll!

Grr... that guy. What a jerk.

Anyway, so, again. His name is Derrick. Apple Car and Limousine Service. He caught his prey ("Country Bumpkinikis")coming out of Laguardia Airport. And, like I said, if you wanted someone to call up and hassle for making a fool of your dear Susie Blogger, you could just call up 1-917-681-4682 and do so with my blessing. Share your experiences with this little prank in the comments! I'd love to hear the results!

He is a triple Jerkface. Period. End of story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for that experience. I will contemplate the call after a few more beers. OH I know what ! I will spread the good news on my Yaho! page, where I am now highlighted! lol. I will have to put it somewhere where it is seen for awhile... No one messes with my friends!! Glad you are home, kisses from kids, hubby and dog!!!
HUGGSSS
Denise

Toronto Limo said...

That is a sad experience. I agree that not all Limousine service can give you the satisfaction you can get. Thus, it is very important to be vocal enough of what kind of service you need and make a wise choice of Limousine service.