Monday, March 03, 2008

Any way you slice it/ anyway, you slice it.

Cut my finger this weekend, while quilting. :-( It doesn't hurt at all, but I have a ridiculous white bandage on my left pointer finger, which makes it hard to type a little bit, but not too much.

On Friday night I went out to dinner with Matt and Christine, and that was really, really fun. And after we went over to the farm to visit with Nicole and baby Eli. And then after that, we came home and played DDR on the Wii and then after that, we went to sleep!

Big snowstorm on Saturday that brought several inches. Christine and I had been working feverishly together on a quilt for Nora all morning, having a great time. Then Christine noticed a mistake in production, and I sliced my fingertip about 90 seconds after that, and that was the end of that party.

We went to the local emergency medical center and they put some kind of medical superglue over the cut and sent me on my way. It doesn't even hurt. But I went home and took to the bed and the three toothed skinny dog and the big brother internet feeds anyway.

And then on SUNDAY... I did mostly the same thing. :-) Just kidding, sort of. I finished the cutting job I'd had to abandon, I repaired the mistake in the dozen squares that needed it, and I moved forward on the overall quilt. And I went for groceries. Oh! And Matt and Nicole had me over for dinner! But beyond that, I was pretty much laying around.

Am looking very much forward to my fmaily returning! I wish I had more than a sliced finger to show for all the free time I've enjoyed in their absence. But what can you do.

No comments: