Friday, December 29, 2006

And Hello Again...

and how are you, and how was yours... I am fine, mine was great. The last of our holiday guests left this afternoon, Jeff having driven them up to Maine himself. (He'll be back tomorrow.) So now it's just me and the kids sort of enjoying the quiet but missing the hubub all at the same time. This christmas was definitely one to remember, having Grammi and Papa here was really special. And I'm so glad lanie and cassidy and nora were able to stay as long as they did, we all had a great time.

Here are a few christmas pictures. My picture taking was spotty this year. I didn't get any pictures of henry, or me or jeff, or grammi, or even lanie! not off my camera anyway. Cassidy took lots with her camera, she agreed to put them on flickr or something for me. I'll share that link as it becomes available...



This is a special something Maggie got from her Grammi and Papa. Apparently she spied it upon entering a gift shop and was so drawn to it Grammi had to get it for her. She sure loves this aquarium. The fish 'swim' by on a neverending roll of clear plastic behind a glass front, complete with backlight and air filter bubble sounds.


This is a collection of body armor Henry got from our good friend Jon. Jon really knows how to please Henry in the gift department, and he is so thrilled to have all this great stuff to dress up in. Jon sent him a junior football chest pad thingie, something called a waist protector, shin guards, knee pads and ice hockey gloves. Henry added his own light saber and night vision dart shooting goggles and a superhero was born!

as you can see, Henry wore his gear straight through breakfast...

and lunch!



Here's Phil and Nora, look especially cute...


We decorated cookies on Christmas Eve... Jeff made the "I love Susie" one, I made the santa face, and Maggie did the more abstract one...


Maggie got a little Hello Kitty lip balm and mirror compact from Santa. Here she is applying her lipstick.


and here is one I took of Nora the other day. I think the light makes her skin look gorgeous...


that's all for now! we'll try to get back to a more regular posting schedule now that the holidays are behind us, mm'kay? and now a special shout out to my momma: I updated mine, now you update yours!

xxx ooo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, admit it--in that second photo, you cleared off the coffee table, didn't you? No one's coffee table is that clean. Certainly not mine. I've lived in my little cottage now for two years and mine is still collecting papers, receipts, pizza crumbs, magazines I'll never read, junk mail unopened, CDs I hope to listen to, wicker coasters from Hawaii, three remotes for the tv, dvd, cable, brochures for vacations I'll never take, and (my favorite)on the very bottom--I think, since I can't see it anymore-- an honest-to-god coffee table book displaying archival photos of Pacific Palisades.

Anyway, thanks to Jeff for the update and for your blog. Sounds like life at home is wonderful. The photos of Henry and Maggie are really appreciated, especially the one of Henry in his body armor. He'll need that when he gets to middle school. I know, since I've been substitute teaching in same for over two years now.

My big news is that I'm now the director of music at my church. The choir has doubled in membership since I began and I'm enjoying planning the music weekly and just did a wonderful Christmas eve concert, in which Tyler, her husband, John and Aaron all sang.

The four of us just got back from a week in Kauai. Rozanne was ill, unfortunately.

I really enjoy your writing, Susie. Keep it up and you may have a book some day. Have you read any of Augusten Burroughs? Hysterically funny anecdotes of his life.

Love to all, Phil (the left coast one)