Sunday, June 03, 2007

Chuckie Sue Retreats.

So Friday night I had a little spotting. In the middle of the night I had more spotting. Lots more. Like a full on miscarriage. :-( At one point in the night I even fainted off the toilet and woke up with my head wedged between the toilet and the bathroom sink cabinet! I managed to flop myself onto the floor, until I was able to pick myself up and get back in bed. Yowzer!

First thing Saturday morning Jocelyn took me to Overlake Hospital in Bellevue where I fainted AGAIN! in the ER! Very scary for Jocelyn to see me passed out and convulsing. I guess I'd lost so much blood my blood pressure was something like 58/35, which is super super duper duper low low low. But I was in wonderful hands over there at Overlake, with my sister by my side, you can be sure of that. I ended up staying at the hospital for over 7 hours I think, and it was so good to get back to Jocelyns, I can't tell you.

My family continues to gather around Dad's side and he seems closer than ever. Seems as if he's finally comfortable with what's about to happen. Which helps us to be, too. Dad has always set such a terrific example of how to handle life, and he continues to do so to this day. He shows us that you need to go through life with a will "stubborn in conflict, but apt always to total acceptance of every concequence of living and dying" (Morris L. West). And that's how I see this retreat of Chuckie Sue. It just is what it is, and I couldn't have prevented it if I'd tried, so get to the business of getting okay with it. So that's what I do.

(To say nothing of the two wonderful, gorgeous children we already have, and the opportunity to pursue things that I had thought would maybe be too difficult, and the nice size of a family of four. And Margaritas again, did I mention Margaritas?)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I adore you.