Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hard Core REM

This morning I dreamt I was leaving for a trip, so was rushing around trying to find everything I needed to pack (a classic anxiety dream of mine) when I was stopped by a "BEEP BEEP" sound everywhere I went. Like the sound of a truck backing up. The dream turned into me tearing apart everything I could in order to halt that infernal beeping! Finally I had to leave for the trip, and when the beeping followed me onto the boat, everyone went crazy from the sound! I have a specific image of rifling through a tool box to find wire cutters and then closing down on random black wires in attempt to stop the beeping. The dream ended when I was poked awake by jeff who told me that the alarm had been going off for eight whole minutes!

So then my morning was a bit of a hard starter. Clearly I had been deeply asleep, and then to add that stressful dream on top of it! blech. I did okay though, I pulled out of it.

I think I was so soundly asleep because I took the feather bed off of our mattress yesterday. We have a really nice feather bed that fits our california king sized bed. I found it at Marshall's on clearance for $32 when I was hugely pregnant with Maggie. I slept like a bird in a cozy nest for the rest of my pregnancy, let me tell you. Even loaned it to lanie when she was big with Nora. The feather bed goes between the mattress itself and the mattress pad. And it shifts something awful. I got tired of having to completely remake the bed every morning, pulling off the mattress pad, yanking the feather bed into position, replacing the mattress pads, the sheet, etc. So just the regular mattress must've been what my sleeping self had been searching for.

Yesterday maggie and I worked on our bonus space, the unfinished area above the house. Turned it into the K**** Family Clubhouse! I slipped the feather bed inside an old duvet cover and positioned it in an area near the one window in the room. I'm bringing toys we're not ready to get rid off yet up there and so it turned into a great little play space for Maggie while I worked in other corners. I hope to recreate that same scenario later today.

I'll go take some pictures of the kids bedrooms today, and also the bonus space, so you can see where it is I toil all day long. In other news, I am hopeful for a date with my husband on saturday, and looking very much forward to my neice Brooke coming to visit us the beginning of February! We will be staying overnight in Boston the first night she arrives, so that should be REAL FUN. And I'm thinking of having a party on Saturday, February 3rd if you're lucky enough to have us K*****s of Wilton in your daily orbit... more details soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Slusie!! I've had that same type of dream before. Both with the alarm thing and this gets even better. When I used to wake up to Howard Stern, I would alway dream that he was there. Just added into my everyday life. It was like
he was just "one of the guys" and would be included in my day! Needless to say, I would wake up late and in a panic, and there he was talking away from my clock radio. Very strange and it happened more than once!