Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pictures of the overhaul




I'm pretty pleased with how things are turning out. I'm going to put both doors on the cozyroom again, which will turn it into a cozy little den. Also, if you're in the living room, the desire is there to close the door near the stairs to block the sights and sounds of whatevers on the tv in the other room. Same with if you're in the kitchen and want to listen to the stereo while someone else watches tv. and for an even cozier private evening, shut both the doors!

I do need to bring a phone into the living room. That's going to be the place to get away to talk on the phone. the couch in the cozy room used to be where I'd go, and now that privacy is gone! Also when I look at a picture of it, the rooms still look the same to me. but I know obviously that big changes are occuring. Feels really good.

We are doing just fine with the television, by the way. Already I notice that maggie launches fewer battles of will, was much more imaginative in her play, etc etc. And I think it was good to remove the tv from it's original room, because if we'd pulled the plug and then left the television set in the living room, still the focal point, we woulda felt chumped maybe. now it seems like the living room is on it's way towards the focal point being other human faces in the room. It's definitely a room to sit down and enjoy each others company. The room is desperate for a paint job and window treatments, I know, I know. I'm still trying to see how much change I can create without spending any money at all. but that's going to have to come soon, don't you think? also a slip cover for that blue couch. Since it won't be taking such a beating every day now I can fit it with a slip cover and not have to tuck and pull every ten minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow....the redecoration looks great. Nice job.

Hey, did you get any kind of TV detox jitters or do any hallucinating? I'd think quitting cold turkey could be dangerous.
- Papa