Friday, January 26, 2007

Hi There

I feel like I have lots to say, but I can't seem to put much of it into words this week! I am thinking of my family back in Seattle almost constantly these days. My heart is firmly planted in two different places right now, that is for sure! I am very anxious to get back there next month, let me tell you. I spent yesterday going from window to window here in my house, staring pensively out into the woods, waiting for the phone to ring. When I wasn't staring out the window, I was on the phone to one or more of my sisters or my folks, calling to hear their voices.

sigh.

my neice Brooke will be out here for a visit before I head west on the 10th of February. I am literally wading through the days until I see her. She flies into Boston on the 2nd, and we are grabbing a hotel room and staying in the city for a night.

in other news, it is C-O-L-D cold here today. something like seven degrees not including the wind chill factor. I keep pulling together ideas that would get us out of the house today, but it is also so much easier and cheaper to just stay home. nevermind the fight both kids would give me about getting out of the house. those two love to stay home.

we have no weekend plans, although we do intend to attempt to install a patch of drywall in the downstairs bathroom. once that's complete, I'll be able to repaint it. I don't know if I'll get to that before or after I go to Seattle, but at least the wall will be repaired. In theory. Assuming all goes well.

okedoke, take care. think positive thoughts for my daddy, would you? thanks.

No comments: