Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Crafty! Fused Plastic Shopping Tote





How about this now! I read about fusing plastic bags online and thought I'd give it a try. Apparently, if you place 6-8 layers of plastic shopping bags between two pieces of waxed paper, (trimming the bottom and the handles off and opening it wide, giving you two layers of plastic per bag), then iron it for 15 seconds or so, you can create plastic sheets that you can sew on your sewing machine!

Market Basket is my much loved local grocery, so I was happy to see it's logo figuring prominently. And that's duct tape binding the seams, lining the bottom and making the handles. Sure did use up a lot of plastic bags! A pretty fun project. And the bag is very sturdy, I assure you! Will be perfect for food shopping.

Here's a great looking bag that inspired me and gave me many good tips... from a really terrific website, by the way. I have been going to craftster.org many many times a day lately... Craftster.org, "Extreme Plastic Bag Makeover"

No comments: