Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Update


I had a great birthday. And a wonderful weekend. First weekend in a very long time where the difference between monday thru friday and saturday and sunday was so evident. As a result, I found myself trying to cancel everything possible on Saturday so I could just stay home and putter!

On Saturday morning, the four of us went yard sailing, and boy oh boy did I score big. A woman was selling her recently passed mother's old quilting supplies. So for seven bucks I walked away with a box of notions and quilting supplies, and another big box of some of the craziest, vintage-iest fabric you have ever seen. it was like manna from heaven. I am trying to build up my stash, and this really helped.

UPDATE: The quilt:


We'd had plans to take the kids to see "Underdog" for my birthday, and then Jeff had secured a babysitter for Saturday night. But I was so anxious to get back home and incorporate my new stuff into my sewing supplies that I postponed what I could and brought us all back home for the day. IT WAS SO WONDERFUL TO BE HOME!!!

I've spent a lot of time at home these past several years. To be thrilled to stay home and putter was a new and wonderful feeling, let me tell you. And there was this wonderful balance of "my house is a shambles! I don't want to do work on my birthday! It's my birthday, I feel like doing a bit of work to get things just so, so I can turn my back on it all and fondle my notions and maybe sew up a tote bag! I think I'll do the dishes! Hey, this is nice! this feels good, doing the dishes!" etc.

For my birthday, Jeff and the kids gave me a couple of wonderful cards, and a three photo collage for my desk at work. These two pics are from the series of photos they gave me - aren't the colors wonderful?




On Friday night I had a girls night out with three good pals. We went out for mexican food and margaritas, and I had a great time. thanks gals! After dinner, Nicole and I kept the party going by prowling the fabric section at WalMart. GOOD. TIMES.

This extended blog post is dedicated to my sister Jocelyn, who worries that my posts will diminish as my professional career takes off. FEAR NOT DEAR READER! I promised her I would try to post each weekday morning, and I will try very hard to do so. Time to get back to it!

have a great day, blog, I love you.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You are so cool! I can't wait to get out and see you. I'm trying to talk Carl into coming with me so he and Jeff can play with the kids and get to know each other while we are completely unavailable to everyone. Missing you and SO pleased for you!