Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is it almost Friday already?!

The days fly by even faster than before! Our house is such a pit right now, goodness gracious. I had been fantasizing about getting a housekeeper to come by a couple times a month, and now I am sure I want to. Maybe to come over every other Monday or something to spit shine the place. That way we can pick up on the weekend (to get ready for the spit shine) and then have a clean house during the week, which is really when we need it. I had been thinking it'd be nice to have them come towards the end of the week, so we could have a clean house for the weekend. but you have to pick up before they come, and I'd rather do that on the weekend than stressing out over it the weeknight before. Anyway. We'll see... All I know is at the end of the workday, I run out of steam after fixing dinner and cleaning up and so forth. And I've switched from fixing the kids lunch the night before to getting up 10 minutes earlier to do it in the morning while jeff is in the shower. Aren't you glad you know all this? Hey, I promised I'd blog more often, this is the best I've got right now!

Last night Jeff had a planning board meeting, so he was out for the evening. I made a delicious dinner of spaghetti and meatballs that the kids totally devoured. Jeff is living la vida low carb right now, so instead of noodles he had brocolli and cauliflower under his sauce and 'balls.

My other low carb tip to those of you out there following along (Jocelyn, I'm talking to you) is to cook up boneless chicken breasts, then pour marinara over the top of 'em, add pizza cheese, add pepperoni, add more pizza cheese, and then pop 'em back in the oven again. it's like having a pizza, only your crust is breast! 100% low carb. (you could obviously put any of the standard pizza toppings on it.)

we love cold pepperoni for a low carb snack. our local food shop sells it from their deli - YUM! very tasty.

Weekend plans include a haircut for Maggie, hopefully. Plus cleaning house, plus laundry. I'd also like to get some new tennis shoes, onaccounta I'm a workout girl now and the shoes I have are old and nasty. Today at lunch I plan on checking out a quilt shop that is just up the road from my house, in the middle of nowhere!

I am really looking forward to my mom coming to visit! we have big plans to crank up my sewing skills (BANG!) and hit a couple of quilt shops and so forth. I would love love LOVE to make a quilt for henry's bed and also one for maggie's that is just like the quilt my mom made ME many years ago. The red and white flannel one, remember momma? the weight of that quilt is so perfect, I just love it.

Anyway. Back to work! bye now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you mean the bunk house!! mooohahahaha. My eyes hurt from writing mine, in bullwinkle purple. Once you see my page you will understand. And then reading through all of yours, I think my eyes are crossing and I can hardly see what I am typing. Well I came , I saw......... see ya!
Denise