Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ah, Wednesday

Life is currently going on here in Wilton. My hands are dry, Maggie has a hangnail, and we are waiting for the Library to open at 11am! (I will put on lotion, and Maggie is thrilled with her bandaid.) And then we'll run to Peterborough, to the Ocean State Job Lot.

But right now I'm talking to you and playing Lottso on pogo. My sisters turned me on to Pogo, and Dian specifically taught me how to play Lottso. It's sort of relaxing to play for a few minutes while simultaneously checking out my favorite websites and eating breakfast. (or playing Lottso while blogging.) I definitely feel closer to my sisters while playing at pogo.com. Although after this I will be running the vacuum and then switching the laundry. I feel the blues today, so I am trying to work through rather than lay off.

I'm halfway through "Cry, The Beloved Country" right now. Very interesting. South Africa is interesting to me. I find my reading tastes tend to center around a particular geographic region (China, India, and of course always the good ol USA) -- and now I seem to be turning towards Africa. I picked up Nelson Mandelas autobiography at a garage sale this summer, and I may finally get into that after this one. I have also read two books by Joyce Caol Oates ("The Falls" and "Because it is Bitter, And Because it is My Heart" - both fantastic) and am anxious to check out a couple of hers at the Library later.

I will try to post a picture in every post, but they won't always line up with the content of the post. I think you can handle that. For todays photos I offer up a baby pic of Henry, a baby pic of Maggie at the same age, and then a recent photo of both of them, for comparison. Have a good day!







No comments: