Thursday, November 16, 2006

Here's a sign that Maggie's growing up

She won't nap anymore! Not this week anyway. Today I'm trying not to fight it, going to let her do whatever. Yesterday she screamed and cried, "I'M AWAKE!" over and over again for nearly 45 minutes before I went to get her from her crib. The day before that, same sort of thing. Then at some point this week, I came upon this:


The no napping thing makes the early evening sort of awful at times. She also is not falling asleep until much later in the evening, like 2 hours or so after we've read her stories and put her to bed. Before she finally falls asleep she talks to herself, looks at books, begs to be brought to the potty, begs to brush her teeth once more, cries, wails, bawls, and so on. Until suddenly, it's quiet. And then at some point she'll wake up and cry cry cry until I cave and bring her into our bed. UGH!

Last night Jeff had a planning board meeting and so didn't get home until very late. Tonight he goes to Manchester to play D&D, won't get home until very late. We are missing the pace of life that comes with dad being home at night! Luckily it's not very often, and it's good to see Jeff getting out. I'm only complaining a little...

Anyways, that's about it from here. I put a few more things up for sale at craigslist this morning, I'm doing laundry, and trying to get through the day without Maggie's nap. wish me luck.

No comments: