Friday, November 03, 2006

A chicken in every pot, and a shoe organizer in every room


This organizer lives in my closet and it holds, wait for it, shoes! I had to screw it into the wall rather than hang it over the door, but I prefer it where it is. Between us, Jeff and I gave away over 35 wal-mart bags of used clothes several weekends ago. That's how you can see the floor. I appreciate most about this organizer the bald undeniable fact about exactly where my shoes belong when they're not on my feet.



Maggie's room. nothing too exciting here. The top row holds shoes that don't fit yet, there are some stuffed animals towards the bottom, and I plan to stuff shoes ready to be passed on to Maggie's cousin Nora. Maggie's room needs work. Soon we will be overhauling her space to include a big girl bed. for now, it's a sea of books strewn about on the floor, and a beautiful mural on the wall. and oh yes, a shoe organizer on the closet!


This is in the utility closet off the kitchen. vaccuum cleaner bags, light bulbs, bug spray, suntan lotion, extention cords, etc. I recently redid this closet, and it is really serving up some value to me now.


And finally we have the pantry. Just picked this one up at Lowes last weekend. $2.25 down from $8.95! I like it because it has two double width pockets under the mirror. And the clear plastic envelope like pockets along the type. At first I wondered what to do with them, but they ended up perfect for collecting soup labels and the like for Henry's school, and holding those individual diet drink mix things.

Now stop for a minute and try to figure out how you ever managed in life without knowing about me and my shoe organizers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Jocelyn I found the oranizers I was looking for on QVC and so I ordered 4 of them...One has 22 pockets similar to shoe storers and the other 2 have 44 little pockets perfect for sewing/craft supplies. Can hardly wait for them to get here. they hang on the clothes rod in the closet rather than over the door. Since we have pocket doors, the over the door things don't work - except in the bathroom. Love and kisses....mamma