Wednesday, November 22, 2006

This craft is like a sandcastle...



in that as soon as nature has its way with it, it will crumble and be ruined. I just finished this advent calendar that I started last night and boy, am I glad it's over. I'd downloaded some make-your-own envelope templates and became really drawn to the idea of whipping up something that would utilize my favorite envelope, a sort of seed packet shape. So when I went to WalMart last night for last minute thanksgiving day supplies, I spied a big pack of Christmas scrapbooking supplies and it all came together.

I'm pleased with it overall, but being made of paper, it's not going to last forever. I need to keep it out of Maggie's hands, that's for sure. And we already have a couple different advent calendars, so I don't see it living happily ever after here at our house.

Would you like it? Would you enjoy it? Would you try to keep it safe for longer than it has a chance to at my house? Email me and maybe I'll decide to send it to you.

No comments: