Wednesday, November 01, 2006

This can often be the most trying time of day

ah five pm... the kids are hungry. if I feed them now, they won't want dinner. if I don't feed them, they (and by they, I mostly mean "she") will make it nearly impossible to fix dinner. note: I'm not looking for solutions, I'm looking to vent. thanks!

Today was more relaxing than productive, I must admit. SO SLEEPY today. It's cause I'm not on the low carb plan today. I am such a carb junkie. If I start the day with a carbohydrate laden breakfast, I am done for. Chasing the carb monkey for the rest of the day, crashing mid day, no energy, general malaise. blech.

I started a new book today. "Ursula, Underground" it's called. picked it up from the still good pile at the dump. Goodness sakes do I love the still good pile at the dump. I'm on a good run there. Seems like every time I go by there to check it out, I score bigtime. But I believe in the still-good pile karma, and I believe what goes around comes around. In other words, I leave lots of still good stuf there myself. Keep it local, yocal!

woo hoo! just got off the phone with the lady who owns the duplex we vacation at on Cape Cod. We're all set for two weeks this July! oh man is that great news. I'll include a few pictures from our last trip there this summer to celebrate.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinner time is always the toughest time of the day....No fun...but it does pass. I have never had the experience at the dump that you have...Mostly I hold my nose and go asap...wonder if we have "still good" areas in our dumps. that would have been right up dad's alley back in our dumping days. Today we went to How How's (my favorite Asian market and QFC where I go for the weekly bargains only....will do Safeway tomorrow while dad's at chemo...Hopefully this will be his last chemo for a while...keep your fingers crossed. Off to bed...sink is cleaned - wahoo1..XXX OOO Mom